Last revised: August 4, 2020
- Information That We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Questions and How Contact Us
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
Through your use of our Site, we may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a visitor. We collect information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site, purchase products or services from us, request information from us, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us or use our Site in commerce. This information may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information (credit card or debit card number, expiration date and credit card security code – solely for payment purposes)
- Date of birth
- Username and password
Please note Blueberry Pediatrics does not practice medicine or provide medical care. We do not provide or intend to provide answers to medical-related questions. Furthermore, if you sign up to use our service you may also be asked to submit certain confidential information during the sign-up process, as well as demographic and other information relevant to diagnosis and treatment, such as lifestyle and general medical history (e.g. conditions, allergies etc.). You will be able to send confidential messages and communicate with a doctor regarding your diagnosis and treatment. Blueberry Pediatrics will keep these messages private and confidential. The information that we collect varies depending upon how you use our Services. When you request a visit, you will need to provide us with health-related information (“Protected Health Information” or “PHI”) that a Physician will need to properly provide medical services. We will not use any PHI for any other purpose not in accordance with this Agreement, or any other Agreement between you and Blueberry Pediatrics, without your written authorization, or unless otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke, in writing, any such authorization at any time, except to the extent we have taken action in reliance thereon.
Your use of the Site may also include collection of information from your mobile device. For example, the Site may request your permission to collect location data and/or may request access to multimedia (photos or videos) stored on your mobile device. You have the option of declining collection of geolocation data, but this may limit your ability to participate in certain activities through the Site. If you do not wish for your location data to be shared with Blueberry Pediatrics, please respond accordingly when prompted on your mobile device, or visit your mobile device settings. Multimedia will only be collected from your device if you affirmatively select it to upload to the application (i.e. you choose an image or video to store within the Site). Multimedia will not be shared with other Site users (with the exception of your profile photo, to the extent such feature is offered, which will appear in your user profile).
Information We Collect Automatically Through Your Use of our Site
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Site analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
No Information from Individuals Under the Age of 18
We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) if you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. You will be responsible for providing information related to the minor and for paying for the visit requested for the minor.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR USERS OF THE SITE: IF YOU ELECT TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE (OR THAT OF A MINOR OR FAMILY MEMBER) VIEWABLE BY HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS OR PROVIDERS, ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU INCLUDE IN THAT PROFILE MAY BE VIEWED BY THE SAME. YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION IN THE PROFILE THAT YOU (OR ANOTHER PERSON) WISH TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL. A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL OR PROVIDER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU EXCEPT THROUGH THE PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE THROUGH THE SITE.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
To Provide Products, Services, and Information. We collect information from you and use the information to:
- provide products and services that you order using the Site;
- register and service your online account;
- provide information that you request from us;
- contact you about our services or information you requested;
- process credit card and debit card transactions;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- send you promotional materials or advertisements about our products and services, as well as new features and offerings;
- administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions and contests;
- provide interest-based targeted advertising to you; and,
- any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing with Third Parties.
Healthcare Providers. We share your personal information with various healthcare affiliates, doctors and relevant medical staff in connection with your diagnosis and treatment.
Vendors and Services Providers. We may provide information to third-party vendors and service providers that help us operate and manage our Site, process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and services that you purchase or request from us. These vendors and service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
Corporate Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates which are subject to this policy and applicable law.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing activity across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. Currently, our Site does not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity.
Social Media. If you use third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Site, to login to the Site, or to share information about your experience on the Site with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Public Posts and Activities. If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas. Any user posting in these public areas understands and acknowledges that there is no expectation of privacy for the information in these public areas.
Your Consent. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Blueberry Pediatrics when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third-party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Blueberry Pediatrics if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Blueberry Pediatrics, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the Account section of our Site. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can Contact Us or call us at (754) 702-7256.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information.
Right to Request Access to Information
You have the right to request that Blueberry Pediatrics notifies you of the personal information about you that we have collected and used. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose a list disclosing:
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request that Blueberry Pediatrics deletes any of your personal information that we collected about you and retained. Once we receive your request and verify who you are, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period. Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
For Requests to Access, our response will only cover the 12-month period preceding the request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once (1) a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
This Site is intended for use only by residents of the U.S. If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdiction outside of the U.S., please note that in order to provide our Site, products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
- QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2672 Bayshore Parkway Suite 608
Mountain View, CA 94043
Telephone: (754) 702-7256
Email: [email protected]